Moving to a new home can be overwhelming and stressful. Knowing the average time it takes to completely move to a new home can help eliminate many of the stress-related details when planning to move. This blog will tell you how long it takes movers to pack a house anywhere in Dublin
How long does it typically take to completely move a three-bedroom house?
The duration of your move will depend on many factors such as:
- How many boxes you have to move
- How many pieces of furniture you have to move
- How many pieces of furniture require dismantling and reassembling
- Where the truck can park at each property
- The type of access at each property
How organised and prepared you are If you live in a 1 bedroom apartment that is on level 5 and there are only stairs the movers can use, your move will take longer than someone who lives in a 1 bedroom apartment that has a lift.
It’s possible to complete a 3-bedroom house move within 3/4 hours or it can take up to 6/8 hours depending on your particular circumstances.
As a rule of thumb, if your 3 bedroom house requires no furniture to be disassembled and reassembled, you have boxes only to move and the truck can park right outside your property, then it will take around 3/4 hours.
If on the other hand, the truck needs to park further away from your destination because there’s not enough space, you have lots of furniture to dismantle and reassemble, most of your furniture needs wrapping in bubble wrap before moving then it will take around 6 hours.
To give you an idea of the time required to move a 3-bedroom house, this is how it can be broken down:
1. Loading the truck: 1-2 hours
The time it takes to load the truck could vary depending on whether you have a lot of furniture that needs to be wrapped in bubble wrap or not and how much furniture there is in total to load into the truck. You can add an extra 15 minutes for every 3 large items you have (e.g. dining room tables, couches).
2. Driving to your new property: 30 minutes-1 hour
Depending on where you are moving to in, the removals truck will need to drive anywhere between 15 minutes and 1 hour, this is assuming there are no major traffic jams or road closures that contribute towards delaying your move further. Generally speaking if moving within Dublin allow for 1 hour transit time. If moving further, eg. Dublin to Wexford, this will obviously take longer.
3. Unloading the truck: 1-2 hours
How long this will take depends on how much furniture you have, whether or not there are stairs to negotiate at your new property and how you want your furniture organised at your new home.
If everything goes smoothly without any complications then it should take no longer than 2 hours. If there’s a lot of furniture to unload, a lot of it needs to be carried up stairs and the removal company have to take their time so as not to damage your furniture or walls or place items then it could take 3/4 hours.
4. Wrapping & packing: 30 minutes-1 hour
Most removals companies provide bubble wrap and moving materials so moving this is usually not a problem. Even if you don’t have any bubble wrap at hand, you can still use old newspapers. On average, it will take 30-60 minutes to pack and wrap your items in newspaper or bubble wrap depending on how much is there to pack up.
5. Unwrapping & unpacking: 3 hours
How long this takes also depends on how much there is to unpack, how organised you are and how many boxes you have. It’s important to note that the time here depends on what items need to be unwrapped and do they need to be placed and organised. Unwrapping and packing duration depends on these key factors.
6. General clean-up: 30 minutes-1 hour
This also varies depending on how messy your old place was before you moved in. If it’s already clean then cleaning the new place won’t take long but if it isn’t then expect to spend up to 2 hours on general tidying up.
To conclude, based on the above factors and assuming everything runs smoothly without any traffic jams, your typical 3 bedroom house move should take around 6/8 hours. If everything goes according to plan then it could be completed within 2/4 hours but this is unlikely to happen, at least not if there is plenty to move!
What is the average time that movers spend packing and moving home?
Moving house can be a very stressful and exhausting thing to do so time is of the essence. Therefore it’s important that your move takes as little time as possible because if it doesn’t then this could potentially lead to delays and problems along the way which will also add extra cost onto your final bill.
What is the best day and time for removals?
The factors to consider when choosing a time will be influenced by whether you have a busy lifestyle or not, what your work schedule looks like, when you need to relocate etc. Generally speaking if you have a full-time job then moving on a weekday during the day is usually fine.
On average, moving house takes anywhere between 6-10 hours but this can vary depending on factors like how much stuff you have to move, whether there are stairs at your new place, what size house, what removals company you’re using (if any) etc.
On average a 3 bedroom house move should take about 8 hours from start to finish, at least this is the estimate given by most moving companies in Dublin.
The key things to keep in mind when choosing a day to move are as follows: whether or not you have a busy lifestyle and full-time job, will the kids be in the house (not recommended), whether or not you can afford to get a removal company in Dublin to help you move (you don’t have to use one but it’s definitely recommended), what time of year it is since if it’s winter then you might not want to stand around for hours watching the removals men work etc.
Finally, if you need to get your new place furnished and set up then ask the removal company what phase of handover is scheduled for that day. For example, if they’re moving people into your new house on Monday then maybe wait until Tuesday or Wednesday so that you can unpack and unbox everything in peace without rushing around.
It’s not ideal to be moving into a new place with all your stuff still in boxes! So consider waiting an extra day or two.
How long does it take to pack a house?
Packing your house, depending on how much there is to pack up will take anywhere between 1-7 days if you’re doing it yourself. However hiring a removal company in Dublin to do the packing for you will be far quicker since they have more time and manpower at their disposal to get the job done quickly.
On average, hiring a removal company to do the packing for you will take around 30-45 minutes per room. So if you have 3 bedrooms and your lounge then they should be done within 2 hours since they’re already quite small rooms and not massively cluttered.
Once again, this time also depends on how organised and tidy you are and how many boxes you have so it’s not really possible to give a 100% accurate estimate.
However, what you can do is look at how many items of furniture you have and then that will roughly give you a good idea of how long it should take to pack everything up. For example, if you have 2 double beds and 4 wardrobes then this would easily equate to about 5-7 cardboard boxes which means that if you’re moving on your own then it would only take a few hours to pack all of those items.
If you have more items then obviously it will take a little longer to pack everything.
If you want to get the job done quicker then packing all your items into wardrobe boxes and double-up on anything small, fragile or valuable will reduce the time dramatically. Likewise if you have any larger boxes such as big dresser units, wardrobes etc then asking friends, family members or neighbours for any small or large boxes they might have handy will make packing much easier.
How long does it take to move out of my house in Dublin 4?
This really depends on several different factors since how quickly you can pack up your home and get everything ready for moving day is just as important as organising the removals company that’s coming in to do all the heavy lifting.
If you have a few helpers then getting everything ready shouldn’t take more than a few hours and your removals team should be able to get in and out within 6-8 hours which is actually quite quick.
Like we mentioned before, moving house takes time so if you’re planning on taking just a couple of days off work then make sure you block out enough time to get everything done before your moving company arrives.
If you don’t have the option of taking a couple of days off work then make sure that your packing is done well in advance and all boxes are labelled clearly since this could determine how quickly they pack it up.
For example, if they have everything packed up in boxes that are easy to access and labelled clearly then they should finish the job in around 6-8 hours. If you have a ton of heavy stuff packed away at the bottom of big boxes or in hidden corners etc then this could take longer because they might need to move things around to get what they need – so if you want minimal disruption and to get it done as quickly as possible, make sure you pack everything away neatly.
If you need any further information on moving house in Dublin 4 or anywhere else in the country then feel free to call us at 01 8829970. We can provide you with a quick estimate for your move and answer any questions you might have.
How long does it take for movers to pack a house?
Hiring a moving company to help you pack your house will drastically reduce the time it takes. On average it should take a 45 mins – 1 hour per room, if not less. If there are a few helpers then this time will be even quicker – especially if all boxes are organised and labelled clearly for easy access.
If you want to move quickly and efficiently, hiring a removal company is your best option. They will have all the equipment, manpower and knowledge to get it done quickly.
How many hours do you need to plan and prepare your move before hiring professional movers
The answer is that everyone’s personal needs are different. There are many factors that influence how long it takes to plan and prepare your move. Some of these factors are the size of your home, how many boxes you have, if you have pets or any fragile items to be moved, how far away your new home is, and so on. The best way to figure out how long it will take for you to plan and prepare your move is to estimate how much time you think it will take.
General Tips for Planning and Preparing Your Move:
· Make sure you keep the moving company’s phone number and address handy just in case you might need it. If you’re hiring a team then you can let them anything goes wrong. Your moving day can still go ahead as planned but it might take a little longer if you don’t leave enough time for your move.
Just make sure that you set aside enough time to get your house ready for your movers, taking into account any issues that could arise. It’s always better to plan and prepare carefully than rushing the last minute which could cause problems further down the line.
· Make sure all of your boxes are labelled clearly with either black marker or masking tape depending on what you prefer. It’s not difficult to do but it can make the difference between your boxes being unloaded quickly and efficiently or taking longer because they need to search through everything in order to find what they’re looking for.
· Keep all of your important documents, passports, certificates, etc in one box. Make sure this is clearly labelled too so that you can find it quickly if needed.
· Pack everything away neatly and label the boxes accordingly (i.e kitchen stuff, bathroom stuff, toys etc). You don’t want to make things harder for your movers than they already are so do try and keep the boxes to a minimum if you can. Better still, pack everything away as neatly as possible so that your movers don’t have to take everything out of every box in order to find what they need.
· If you have any fragile items make sure they are well protected from breakage with plenty of packing materials. You can either do this yourself or ask the moving company if they offer packing services too. If not, then you might need to hire a specialised service just for your fragile items.
· If you have to move out of a rented property then depending on your lease agreement there might be some other things that you have to do before the actual moving day. For example, check if the removal company is allowed inside the property and familiarise yourself with any terms and conditions they require for access etc.
· If you live in a block of flats or an apartment then there might be some rules to follow. Make sure you find out who to contact if the movers are unable to unload for any reason.
· If you own pets, maybe take them with you on the day so that they’re not stuck at home alone for too long.
Why is moving house so hard?
Moving house is regarded as one of the most stressful things that can happen to someone. The main reason for this is probably because there are so many different things that need to be taken care of before, during and after your move.
Everything from packing to making sure the removal team have access to your property on the day, along with loading all of your items into the van. Of course, all of these things take time and planning to do effectively, especially with the added pressure of making sure that everything goes according to plan on moving day.
There are many reasons why moving house is difficult; some people may feel it’s because they lack the patience or planning capabilities while for others it could be the thought of disruption to their daily routine that puts them off.
Whatever the reason, moving house is hard work but it’s not impossible if you just take the time to plan carefully and prepare in advance.
That way it will be much easier to deal with any problems that might arise and you’ll be able to relax on moving day instead of stressing yourself out about everything.
3 Top reasons for getting a moving company to help you move
1. Moving companies are experienced in the moving process and will know exactly what to do, how to do it and when. It’s always better to have an experienced team on your side because that way nothing should go wrong or at least not any more wrong than it has already if you’ve planned properly. The last thing you want on moving day is for things to go wrong because that will be much more stressful than you need.
2. Moving companies have the right size vehicles required for the job. They will be able to accommodate all of your items on the day with ease, without causing you any disruption or stress. They will also have plenty of removal boxes available if needed so that they can pack everything for you too.
3. Moving companies have plenty of manpower and equipment which means that they’re able to perform tasks quickly and efficiently. This is especially helpful when it comes down to loading everything into the van because if there’s a tight window in which the task needs to be completed then you don’t want it taking any longer than necessary.
How long does it take to go order packing materials
Packing materials can be bought from any local stores or online, depending on what you need. You can either buy them yourself or ask the moving company if they offer packing services too. This can cost extra but it’s worth considering if you lack the time to prepare all of your own boxes etc.
The time it takes to go order packing materials completely depends on how many items you have to pack. Generally you should be able to collect all the packing materials you need in a few days. It’s important that you do everything with extra care, especially with fragile items because if anything gets damaged then it’s money out of your pocket just to replace them.
If you can’t get your hands on enough boxes then it might be worth asking friends and family if they have any spare too. You could even ask them to save some for you so that they’re available just before you move day.
It takes a lot longer than you think to plan and get prepared for moving day, especially if there are many different tasks that need completing. The best thing to do is just sit down with a pen and paper and write down everything that needs doing, so that you can begin to tick off each task one by one.
You then need to decide how long it’s going to take you to get everything done. This will help you to work out your moving day agenda and see if you’re on track with getting all of the tasks ticked off in time for moving day.
Moving companies are experienced in the moving process and will know exactly what to do, how to do it and when. It’s always better to have an experienced team on your side because that way nothing should go wrong or at least not any more wrong than it has already if you’ve planned properly. The last thing you want on moving day is for things to go wrong because that will be much more stressful than you need.
Moving companies have the right size vehicles required for the job. They will be able to accommodate all of your items on the day with ease, without causing you any disruption or stress. They will also have plenty of removal boxes available if needed so that they can pack everything for you too.
Moving companies have plenty of manpower and equipment which means that they’re able to perform tasks quickly and efficiently.